Shooting World Forums banner

Remington 700 AWR

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Drop-Shot 
#1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new rifle and the gun that has jumped out at me is Remington's new AWR custom rifle. The decision i'm facing is if i want the 1st or 2nd gen and if it's worth the money. I would want it in a 300 win mag round. So if anyone could shed their thought on the gun and what they think of it that would help a bunch!

#2 ·
I looked up that rifle and am interested in one too.
I have not found out how much the rifle would cost but it would be very accurate as Remington's are almost without exception the most accurate rifle out of the box and this being from the custom shop makes me think it would be very accurate.Below are some advertising on the 700 AWR rifle.
"Blue Printed" Model 700™ stainless steel action to ensure receiver face and bolt face squareness and uniform locking lug contact
Black TriNyte® coating on barrel action and bolt
Custom turned and chambered hammer forged fluted Model 700 stainless steel barrel (24" standard calibers, 26" magnum calibers)
Machined stainless steel trigger guard and floorplate assembly with black TriNyte® coating
Bell & Carlson composite stock – olive green with black webbing
Full length aluminum bedding block
Recessed crown
X-Mark Pro™ trigger tuned and set by Custom Shop at 3 1/2 lbs.
All rifles .30 caliber and under must meet a sub-MOA
Have you gotten a price yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.