541 Remington 22 rifle

Discussion in 'Remington' started by mike30-06, Mar 18, 2008.

1. mike30-06

mike30-06 Well-Known Member

How many of you have Remington 541 bolt action 22 rifles? Do you like it and how does it shoot?

2. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Well-Known Member

I had a Rem 541T. I was reasonably happy with it until I shot a friends Browning A-Bolt. The next week I traded my 541T on a LNIB A-Bolt and am very happy I made the trade.

3. Wyo. Coyote Hunter

Wyo. Coyote Hunter Super Member

:lol: Mike, I had several, but the sporter barrel and the target barrel. I liked them, but did not care for the plastic clip. If I were looking for a Rem. hunting .22 the one I would try for is the old model 521 T. they are pricey, at least if you can find one, but they all shoot great. I have had 3 or 4, right now I have only one, but also have a 513 T. It would be my favorite for everything but carrying, but I do like the bolt handle better on the 521. You would probably not be unhappy with the 541. I liked 'em just like the 521's better. :wink:

4. Russilwest

Russilwest New Member

I came across this rifle and when I went to load it I found that when you close the bolt with a 22 long rifle cartridge in it, it closes kind of hard like it is pushing the nose of the bullet into the rifling in the barrel. It doesn't do this with a regular 22 cartridge, long or short.
    The barrle is marked 22 long rifle.

Has anyone ever seen this type thing ? It is a nice rifle, all hand checkered etc. beautiful wood

5. Russilwest

Russilwest New Member

I came across this rifle and when I went to load it I found that when you close the bolt with a 22 long rifle cartridge in it, it closes kind of hard like it is pushing the nose of the bullet into the rifling in the barrel. It doesn't do this with a regular 22 cartridge, long or short.
    The barrle is marked 22 long rifle.

Has anyone ever seen this type thing ? It is a nice rifle, all hand checkered etc. beautiful wood.